Sunday, July 1, 2007

Harney Peak

This morning we woke up at 5:00am to hike up to the top of Harney Peak, probably the most hiked trail in the Black Hills. It comes complete with a stone and concrete watch house at the summit used for spotting fires during the summer. Since we woke up so early there weren't much in the way of tourists, but on the way down (even at 8am) we passed another group about every 200yds. While we were up there we had the chance to hike around and check out the pregnant mountain goat and see an amazing view. We also took a billion pictures, so hopefully you can enjoy some of these.

I'm attaching one of me making friends with a US president that was frozen in bronze by the white witch, and another of Kerianne because she's beautiful. Of course the one of me isn't on Harney Peak, thats because we took some time the other day to walk around downtown Rapid City.
While we were down town we took a stroll through "art alley", as they call it. To some it might seem like the city is honoring their homeboys for graffiti, but in reality these works were placed here very intentionally, and its quite fun to walk through.

In other news, I haven't gotten my visa yet for Thailand. It was supposed to come late last week and I'm hoping and praying that it comes Monday. If it doesn't come in time then it better come by Tuesday, and if it doesn't come by then, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm scheduled to leave from Denver at 4:45pm Tuesday July 3rd and I'll arrive in Chiang Mai in the afternoon of July 5th (my shortest July 4th ever).

For those of you that are interested, I found an interesting screen saver that generates postmodern art on the fly. I'm interested in this because of the computer algorithms involved, but I imagine most of you (my mom especially) are just interested in the pretty colors. here is the link

No comments: