Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lifting weights (Rocks)

The past few weeks I've been working with Kerianne's brother John in moving rocks and making them into rock walls, staircases, and terraces. My mom and dad have insisted that I show them pictures; I decided that since I don't have anything to talk about on this blog yet, I'll just show all of you some pictures. So on the right is a picture of the terraces we've been working on, imagine them filled with rich black dirt and lush green tomato plants (now forget that thought, the Black Hills have been in a six year drought). I was listening to the radio the other day and I heard a deejay say that the thing he likes most about South Dakota is that you can experience the four seasons to their fullest extent. I mean, 110 in the summer, -50 in the winter, summer thunderstorms come complete with F5 tornadoes and baseball-sized hail, winter snow storms often form drifts that cover houses...who could want more?

So when I'm not sweating in the 105 degree heat and hauling large rocks, I'm either reading or playing cards. I don't typically read at all, so when I've read 800 pages in a week purely for leisure, something must be up. I guess I've just been a bit bored and anxious to leave for Thailand.

On the left here is John shuffling a deck of cards for entertainment's sake. I kid you not, we weren't even playing a game but he was shuffling them anyway. I taught them some good wholesome games like Texas Hold-em, Scum (aka scum bucket or Presidents), golf, and rummy (my G'ma's favorite game). I think John's addicted. When he's not satisfying his addiction for reading or cards he's playing the Wii. If you haven't tried it out you should. I find it quite entertaining that rather than make a bigger better faster console, all Nintendo did was create an ingenious new controller and games are suddenly 1000x better.

So I looked at my airline tickets today, I'll be leaving from Denver at 4:45pm and arriving into San Fransisco two hours later. Then I don't leave again until 1am July 4th. So if you know anyone that I know that lives in San Fransisco that I might want to hang out with, you should let me know.

No comments: