Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thai is a great language, just really different

My flight went unpredictably well, I kept waiting for something to go wrong but nothing did. People were even waiting for me at the airport. Extremely long flight but I'm here. I think I've conquered the jet lag already, but we'll find out tonight. I came to blogspot to do another blog post but all the labels are in Thai so I'm having an unusually hard time finding my way around the site and making posts. Speaking of Thai, I've picked up a little bit from the conversations I've overheard. They have this great word, pronounced kup that can mean this or that or yes, and it's even used on the end of sa wa dee (hello) to make it formal and polite. Also, if your a girl you pronounce it ka.

Driving around here is pretty crazy, people don't necessarily stay in their own lane. There's a zillion motorcycles and they'll pass you on the right or left, two or three at a time. I saw one motorcycle with four full grown people all riding on it. When I have a chance I'll try to get some insane "you don't see this in America" shots. I'll be camping for the next two days up in the mountains somewhere so I'll be back on Sunday in time for church.

No comments: