Friday, June 15, 2007

I got shot

Yesterday I went to the travel doctor to get my vaccinations. My shoulders currently feel like I was lifting 300 pounds yesterday, but I keep trying to convince myself it was just needles. I finally uploaded the pictures from the camera to my computer, so you can see them here.

To the left I have one of me standing on a tunnel, bright in all my angelic beauty. This is one of six places where road workers weren't paid enough, so they tunneled through a rock rather than blasting it completely (my theory anyway).

If you walk into the cave and turn around you can see the view in the next picture. Actually, you'd have to get up on top of the rock, like where I am to see this. Actually actually its in a completely different spot on the mountain altogether, but honestly now, who takes pictures of the entire Mount Rushmore? Usually you just see an up-close shot of just the faces.

Kerianne and I have actually considered having the wedding reception up in these parts, by Sylvan Lake. That way all our guests could enjoy a beautiful 6 mile drive in Custer State Park through the mountains and careening around 180 degree corners. We'll see if it works out...

Next we have what I'm certain is a jack-ass on the loose, or a wild donkey if you prefer the more mild approach. I tried to get a good picture of him, but he turned around at the perfect time (or worst time, depending on your point of view). This particular donkey roams the plains but isn't nearly as unfriendly as the buffalo, shown at the end. I also got a good picture of a pronghorn, but who wants to see pictures of animals? I'll save some picture space for the shots in Thailand.

No comments: