Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving

I went walking around the city again this morning. It is a lot of fun to just stroll around, grab some mangos and sticky rice, sit down for some coffee, have a Thai-style massage, and generally just chill out and relax. Here are some good pictures.

http://houghton.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011492&l=be4db&id=100300825

When I went to Wawee coffee (a coffee shop), the lady before me spoke English and so I noticed the cashier could speak excellent English. However, I ordered in Thai anyway and he responded in a long string of Thai to which I responded, "In English?". We both burst out into laughter.

I also got a Thai massage. It's a specialty in Northern Thailand so obviously I was obliged to do so. It was very relaxing, minus the bending me in half and beating on my head, and a few other things. I picked up a few Christmas presents from a couple different shops. Church tonight was especially fun. It was a very active Thanksgiving service, and quite a joyful one at that. There's a lot that I'm going to miss about Chiang Mai, but when juxtaposed with the thought of seeing Kerianne I really can't wait to get home.

There's a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful that I've had the opportunity to come here. I've also learned a lot about hope and prayer. Things in my life like family and friends are now extremely valuable to me. Yes, I think I've changed.

No comments: